CRICOS Code: 090545K
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. The program is suitable to Department Manager in a small manufacturing business. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
All applicants must be 18 year or over.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
OTHER Language of instruction in previous studies was
or Language spoken at home is English
or Satisfactory standard achieved from the Australian
Industrial Systems Institute
or Hong Kong C.E.E. Grade C
or Other acceptable equivalents
PATHWAY FROM THE QUALIFICATION
After achieving the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management, candidates may undertake the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, or a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications
Total number of units = 12
4 core units plus,
8 elective units
- 4 elective units must be selected from Group A
- up to 4 may be additional units from Group A or Group B
- if not listed below, up to 2 electives may be from Diploma or above in the Business Services Training Package
- if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at Diploma level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by International Institute Australia)
- BSBLDR501 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Elective Units (Group A)
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction staff
Elective Units (Group B)
- BSBWRK510 Manage employee relations
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
Participants must successfully complete all core and elective units as specified above to be issued with the qualification. The delivery mode if full-time face-to-face on site at the Melbourne campus located at Level 1, 398 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 Australia.
Each student or group of students will follow the delivery sequence provided once they commence. The student’s individual journey will be managed by their Trainer/Assessor using a Training Plan. The delivery sequence provided at orientation is to be used as a guide and students will work at their own pace and may take longer to achieve competencies if needed. Once a student has achieved competency in a unit they will commence the next unit in the delivery sequence, all progression will be documented on their training plan, recorded in the student management system and evidence retained in their student file.
52 weeks (21 hours per week) [40 Weeks tuition plus 12 weeks holiday periods]
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month.
Application Fee: $200 (Non-refundable)
Text Book Fee: $300
Tuition Fee: $4180
Fee for Service – Domestic and International Students
Assessment comprises written assignments and practical application projects. Assessment may include role play scenarios and presentations. Students are required to attend assessments as scheduled.