CRICOS Code: 089582D
This qualification is suited to those working as administrators and project officers. In this role, individuals use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- with vocational experience assisting in a range of environments providing administrative or operational support to individuals and/or teams but without a formal business qualification.
All applicants must be 18 year or over.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A proficiency in English equivalent to IELTS 5.0 (or its equivalent) is required for all applicants.
PATHWAY FROM THE QUALIFICATION
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
- a range of Diploma level qualifications within the BSB Business Services Training Package, or other Training Packages.
Examples of indicative job roles for candidates seeking entry based upon their vocational experience include:
- Accounts Clerk
- Customer Service Advisor
- E-business Practitioner
- Legal Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
- Office Administration Assistant
- Student Services Officer
- Word Processing Operator
This breadth of expertise would equate to the competencies required to undertake this qualification.
Total number of units = 10
1 core unit plus
9 elective units, of which:
- 5 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below
- 4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level
- if not listed below, 1 unit may be selected from either a Certificate III or Diploma qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
COURSE STRUCTURE (As Delivered by International Institute Australia)
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Participants must successfully complete all core and elective units as specified above to be issued with the qualification. The delivery mode if full-time face-to-face on site at the Melbourne campus located at Level 1, 398 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 Australia.
Each student or group of students will follow the delivery sequence provided once they commence. The student’s individual journey will be managed by their Trainer/Assessor using a Training Plan. The delivery sequence provided at orientation is to be used as a guide and students will work at their own pace and may take longer to achieve competencies if needed. Once a student has achieved competency in a unit they will commence the next unit in the delivery sequence, all progression will be documented on their training plan, recorded in the student management system and evidence retained in their student file.
26 weeks (21 hours per week) [20 Weeks tuition plus 6 weeks holiday periods].
Monthly Intake commencing the first Monday of every month.
Tuition Fee: $3,500
Text Book/Resource Material: $250
Application Fee: $ 250 (Non-refundable)
Fee for Service students
Assessment comprises written assignments and practical application projects. Assessment may include role play scenarios and presentations. Students are required to attend assessments as scheduled.